The multi-purpose centre, located in the very heart of downtown Saint-Lambert at 81 Hooper Street, is a key player in the cultural development of our community.
Wanting to offer an exceptional entertainment experience while also showcasing arts and culture, the Ville de Saint-Lambert has made this facility a prime cultural outreach site.
All year long, the hall hosts shows and activities of all sorts, including plays, concerts, activities, lectures, workshops and much more. the City also highlights local talents by holding exhibitions of the works of Saint-Lambert artists at the centre.
Shows and concerts
Each seson the City proposes a series of high-quality shows and concerts for both adults and families, as part of its Rendez-vous culturels program.
Upcoming shows and concerts:
Saint-Lambert artists have the opportunity to exhibit their works for a few weeks at a time in the entrance hall of the multi-purpose centre. Art lovers can thus discover the great talent present in our community.
- Thursday: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
The multi-purpose centre is available for private rental by promoters, associations and individuals. Whether for an exhibition or a cocktail party, show, banquet, lecture or consultation, the many ways the hall can be set up lend themselves to any needs you might have.
The multi-purpose centre has professional-quality equipment designed to meet a variety of needs, ranging from the simplest to the most complex. It is outfitted with easy-to-use lighting, sound, and video installations. A stage that can be set up in different ways is found at the back of the hall, as is a dressing room for artists, including private toilets and sinks.
The building also features both a spacious entrance lobby that can be used to greet guests and a cloakroom with hangers. The centre also has washrooms and entrances adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- Banquet: 120 people
- Show or concert: 180 people
- Cocktail party: 200 people
Several different set-ups are possible.
The centre does not have a permit for alcohol consumption or sale. It is therefore the lessee’s responsibility to obtain such a permit from the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses du Québec.
Nor is it equipped with installations for catering services.
Monday to Wednesday (between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.):
- Residents (citizen’s card required): $45/hour
- Non-residents: $83/hour
Thursday to Sunday (between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.)
- Residents (citizen’s card required): 56 $ / heure
- Non-residents: $83/hour
An additional fee of $55 is charged for housekeeping. Service fees for equipment rental and specialized staff may apply, and a deposit of $150 may be required, depending on the type of event. Taxes are extra.
- Smoking or vaping is prohibited inside the building.
- The lessee undertakes to respect the centre’s capacity.
- The curfew at the multi-purpose centre is 11 p.m.
- Subletting is strictly prohibited.
- The lessee is responsible for obtaining any permits and licences that it may require (alcohol permit, projection permit, SOCAN, etc.) and for paying all sums due.
- The lessee undertakes to monitor the premises, provide any necessary supervision, and maintain perfect order, with a maximum of security, inside the building. The lessee is further responsible for any and all theft of and/or damage to property belonging to the Ville de Saint-Lambert.
- Under no circumstances may the furniture be removed from the building.
- The lessee shall refrain from using any combustible material (candles, matches, naphtha, propane, etc.) that could cause any deterioration whatsoever in the premises rented.
- Any damage caused to the premises rented, the furniture or the equipment shall be repaired or replaced at the expense of the lessee, who shall be solely liable for any material damage, breakage or theft caused to the building rented and its furniture during the time of the rental and usage.
- The hall can be accessed 15 minutes prior to the start of the rental period and must be vacated immediately after the end of the rental period.
- In cases of force majeure or non-compliance with the rules, the City reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
Submit a reservation request
If you would like to reserve the multi-purpose centre for a private function, complete the reservation request form below. You will receive a confirmation of your reservation within a few days of submitting your request. Please note that in the event of a major emergency, the City reserves the right to occupy the building.
Once your reservation request has been confirmed, you will receive an invoice by regular mail. Payment must be made in cash or by credit card at the recreation centre desk or by phone before the event.
The fact of submitting a reservation request does not guarantee that the centre is available. Please wait for confirmation from the City before going ahead and organizing your event.