Block parties

All the details to prepare your Fête des voisins can be found on the Espace MUNI website:

Above all, block parties are an opportunity for coming together, chatting with neighbours and building community. The Ville de Saint-Lambert thus encourages this type of fun, family-oriented event.

However, the City oversees these events and supports residents in organizing them to ensure that they run safely and in a friendly atmosphere. Before you begin planning your event, please read the steps to follow to organize it, as well as the conditions, prohibitions and obligations you must comply with.

  1. Find out about the conditions, prohibitions and obligations you must comply with, and make sure you respect them.
  2. Set a date and choose a location.
  3. Inform neighbours of any possible inconveniences and invite them to attend.
  4. Complete the application form at least 14 days before the date of the block party.
  5. Wait for the answer from the municipal employee (allow one week).
  6. Begin your preparations only after you have received your answer.
  • You must be a resident of Saint-Lambert and aged 18 years or over.
  • The party must be held between May 1 and October 1 of the current year and be open to everyone, without exception.
  • The party must take place between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m. and be free for all participants.
  • Block parties may not be held on main roads used by Réseau de transport de Longueuil buses.
  • Only one block party representative may be named, and he or she will be the party spokesperson and contact person for the municipal employee.
  • A maximum of five block parties a week are permitted on Saint-Lambert territory, except on the official Fête des voisins day held on the first Saturday in June.
  • The street must be set up in a way that leaves open access to emergency vehicles at all times.
  • Neighbours must be free to circulate. In other words, you must remove the barriers as needed and put them back in place afterward.
  • The location must be kept clean throughout the party.
  • The Public Works Office must be notified of any planned change from what was stated in the application form, at least 48 hours prior to the event.
  • You are advised to use recyclable or biodegradable dishware to reduce the environment impact.
It is prohibited to light outdoor fires, hold a fireworks display, sell alcohol or promotional items, or use glass containers during your block party.

The City can provide safety barriers if you need them. You must install them and remove them yourself at the hours specified on your application form. Barriers must be installed at intersections of the closed section.

Application form

Do you need safety barriers?
I have notified my neighbors of this street closure in order to obtain their authorization.

Tell us what you think