Family and Seniors Policy Follow-up Committee
In the fall of 2018, the City of Saint-Lambert embarked on a process to update its family policy. The aim of this policy is to optimize the delivery of municipal services to all family members and ultimately improve their quality of life.
Completely revamped to reflect the new local realities, this policy looks to the future and seeks to unify our community. It pays particular attention to seniors’ concerns, as it was rethought with a view to obtaining our city’s very first MADA (Municipalité amie des aînés, or Age-Friendly Municipalities) certification. The resulting Family and Seniors Policy was adopted at the end of 2019 and presents an action plan covering the 2020-2022 period.
The development of this policy constitutes the first step in the process. To ensure follow-up and implementation, the City created a formal follow-up committee in February 2020
- whose composition reflects our citizens in all their diversity and the stakeholders concerned: citizens representing families, citizens representing seniors, community partners, and municipal representatives;
- that meets at least twice a year; and
- that is mandated to submit opinions and make recommendations regarding the implementation, follow-up, and evaluation of the Family and Seniors Policy and its action plan.
The following people sit on the committee:
- councillor Julie Bourgoin, as chair;
- councillor France Desaulniers, as vice-chair;
- Éric Carignan, head of the Recreation and Community Life division;
- Louise Poulin, representative of the organization L'Entreclefs;
- Karolyne Baril, representative of the seniors branch of the Centre de santé et de services sociaux Champlain Charles-Le Moyne;
- Linda Magher, representative of the organization Saint-Lambert Council for Seniors;
- Renée Liboiron, representative of the organization Tenants des arts et de la culture; and
- citizen-members Virginie Dostie-Toupin (since February 2020), Dominique Lesage (since February 2020) and Véronique Hugron (since August 2021).
To learn more
For more information about this committee, contact Éric Carignan, head of the Recreation and Community Life division at firstname.lastname@example.org.