Get ready for a jam-packed spring break with loads of activities for you to enjoy all week long!
In light of the ongoing situation with COVID-19, the City of Saint-Lambert will be offering a very special winter spring break program, from March 1 to 5, 2021.
In addition to the cross-country ski trails, outdoor skating rinks and sledding hills at Seaway Park and the municipal golf course, you will be able to borrow snowshoes for the whole family at the municipal golf course on Saturday, February 27 and Saturday, March 6, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. They will be available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis (no reservations required). You can take out the snowshoes for 45 minutes per session. You must leave a piece of identification (driver's license or health insurance card), which will be given back to you once the snowshoes are returned. As this activity is reserved for residents only, you will also be required to show proof of residence.
- March 2, at 1 p.m.| Workshop: Initiation aux échecs (in French) (For 6 years and older): Seymour Gelet, a member of the Fédération québécoise des échecs (FQE), will be offering a virtual course showing you strategies and giving you important tips on how to become a formidable opponent. Registration required at 450-466-3910.
- March 3, at 9:30 a.m. | A close-up look at our felines (in French) (For 5 years and older): Explore the biology of tigers, lions and jaguars, from their claws to their moustaches with a biologist, who will join us live from the zoo, and take a front-row seat to learn more about zoo conservation efforts. Registration required at 450-466-3910.
- March 4, at 2 p.m.| Écrire une chanson avec domlebo (in French) (For ages 10 to 14): Learn how to write a song with domlebo, former drummer of the band Les Cowboys Fringants, now an “inventor of songs.” Registration required via the activities registration module until March, 1.
- February 22 to March 5 | Contest: It’s spring break!: While you’re on spring break, challenge yourself to complete all the activities in our booklet and be entered in a draw! You can print the booklet yourself or pick one up at the library starting on February 22, during opening hours.
- Until March 7 | Le Condamné: outdoor escape game: Download the Le condamné app and head over to Seaway Park or the Coulée verte to complete this outdoor escape game. You will have 60 minutes to help young Déon escape the dark dungeon he has been thrown into with the help of the codes hidden around the site.
- Until March 8 | Snow Castle Challenge: Saint-Lambert is joining the 2021 Snow Castle Challenge (Défi château de neige) by inviting you to build your most beautiful castle and share a photo of your snowy creation. Several prizes to be won! There will also be an exclusive draw just for participants from the city of Saint-Lambert.
- Until spring | Plaisirs d’hiver treasure hunt: What fun it is to go on winter walks and admire the snowy landscapes! We have organized a treasure hunt on the theme of Christmas to add a little spice to your walks. The list of clues is available on our website.
- Anytime | Karibou workshops (4 years and under): Since it isn’t possible to take part in organized activities, Karibou has thought of you! They have prepared some 10- to 15-minute videos of parent/child activities adapted for each age group. You can find them directly on Karibou's website.
For more details on the activities and how to participate, residents can consult the full program in the Calendar section.
Good news! The arena and pool will reopen on February 27 for unstructured activities. Registration will be required via the activities registration module. The schedules will be posted directly on the pool and the arena pages.
Cancellation of spring break day camp
The City of Saint-Lambert will unfortunately not be able to hold its traditional spring break day camp. This decision complies with the measures imposed by the Direction générale de la santé publique, which prohibit supervised activities such as day camps, indoor group activities or extracurricular activities.