Green waste and branches
Green waste collections take place 12 times a year. The dates for 2020 are the following:
Sectors 1 and 2
Green waste consists mainly of grass clippings, dead leaves, plant and flower waste, etc. Green waste for collection must be placed on edge of the sidewalk in approved containers:
- a regular garbage bin, equipped with handles and an airtight lid and having a maximum capacity of 100 litres;
- a biodegradable disposable paper bag, with a maximum capacity of 150 litres;
- a grey, black or green wheeled bin with European grip equipped with lid, maximum capacity of 360 litres.
Maximum weight is limited to 25 kg. Rigid containers must be clearly identified to distinguish them from waste.
It is forbidden to use plastic bags for green waste collection.
Branches are now accepted in the green waste collection, under certain conditions:
- Branches must be less than 5 cm in diameter.
- Branches may not be longer that 1 m.
- Branches must be tied in bundles of not more than 40 cm in diameter.
Christmas trees pickups take place on the following Thursdays :
- January 10, 2019
- January 17, 2019
Please remove all decorations before placing your trees outside for pick-up. Also be sure NOT to wrap your tree in a plastic bag, or it will not be picked up.
Collectors can pick up waste materials between 7 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. If they still have not come after this time, please leave your bin at the curb and notify the Environment Management division at 450-466-3199 or at email@example.com. Thank you for your collaboration!
Experts recommend to leave grass clippings on the lawn. They keep your lawn from drying out and provide it with nutrients. Lawn mower blades help to facilitate cycling.