Closing of outdoor swimming and wading pools
Summer is slowly but surely winding down, which means there’s only a short time left to enjoy the swimming and wading pools.
Due to a staffing shortage (the lifeguards have to go back to school, too!), the closing dates have been slightly modified since the publication of our municipal magazine. We apologize for these changes and thank you for your understanding.
Here’s an up-to-date reminder of the closing dates of our various facilities:
- August 23: Closure of the Préville Park swimming, the Alexandra Park wading pool and the Seaway Park wading pool;
- August 30: Closure of the Alexandra Park swimming pool;
- September 7: Closure of the Seaway Park swimming pool and the Lespérance Park wading pool.
The Émilie-Heymans indoor pool will reopen on September 8.
The splashpads in Dulwich and Houde parks will remain in operation as long as the weather allows and the temperature is warm enough!
In case of bad weather, the City reserves the right to close the outdoor pools.
Please note that children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult in the water and that wading pools are for children under 8.
Admission to all outdoor pools is free for residents. However, you must reserve a time slot before going to the pool.
Exceptionally for the summer 2020 season, access to the pools will be reserved for Saint-Lambert residents only.
You will have to reserve a swimming time slot beforehand via the leisure activity registration module before going to one of the three pools. A valid resident’s card must be presented for each person who comes to swim. You must also have a Loisirs membership in your B-CITI account.
Consult the online reservation procedure.
CANCELLING A RESERVATION
To cancel a reservation, you can call these phone numbers from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. :
- Préville : 450-923-6567
- Alexandra : 450-923-6579
- Seaway Park : 450-923-6604
The following time slots, each 1 hour and 15 minutes long, will be available:
|Pools||Time slots||When to reserve|
Seaway Park (Closure Sept. 7)
Monday to Friday:
Monday to Sunday:
Reservations can be made between 9 a.m. the day before up until one hour before the desired time slot, except for Mondays, for which time slots must be reserved between 9 a.m. on Sunday and 9 a.m. on Monday.
* No reservations required for this time slot.
** As of August 10, the swimming pools will close at 7:15 p.m. The last reserved time slot of the day will therefore be from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m (45 minutes instead of 1 hour and 15 minutes).
On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., the Seaway Park swimming pool will be reserved for the day camps.
No reservations will be required for the wading pools. They will be open Monday to Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. However, there will be several disinfection periods of approximately 15 minutes each during the day. Users will be asked to leave the wading pool during this time.
|Seaway Park (Closure August 23)|
430 Riverside Drive
Alexandra Park (Closure August 23)
265 Régent Avenue
Lespérance Park (Closure Sept. 7)
Corner of Lespérance and Oak
Monday to Sunday:
Facility disinfection periods*:
*Users will be asked to leave the wading pool during this time.
Lespérance Park wading pool: From Monday to Friday, between 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., the Lespérance Park wading pool will be reserved for the day camps.
Everyone must obey the rules to ensure users’ full and safe enjoyment of the services offered.
When you arrive
- When you arrive, go to the control station: You may not access the swimming pool if you have travelled recently, have symptoms or have been around anyone infected with COVID-19.
- You must come already wearing your bathing suit, as the changing rooms will not be accessible.
- Outdoor showers will be installed and you must take a 30-second shower, making sure you rinse off from head to toe.
- You will not be allowed to use the chairs on site. Flotation devices will, however, be available and will be disinfected after each use.
- Each user is responsible for respecting the social distancing rules.
- Bathing caps are strongly recommended. Hair longer than the nape of the neck must be tied back.
- Sandals may be worn on the pool deck, but they must not be sandals that are worn outdoors.
- Swim suits are required. The fabric must be designed for pool use. Lycra-style Rashguard T-shirts are acceptable.
- It is strictly prohibited to wear undergarments under your swim suit.
- Swimmers will have to use one lane to swim in one direction and another lane to swim back in order to avoid collisions. A maximum of six swimmers will be allowed for each two lanes.
- Swimming lanes will be added at Seaway Park swimming pool.
- There will no swimming lanes at Préville Park pool.
If you have any other questions, be sure to ask the pool staff. Enjoy your swim!
We would nevertheless like to remind you that to prevent the spread of the virus, you must:
- Respect physical distancing measures;
- Bring a filled water bottle and hand sanitizer, as there will be no access to water fountains;
- Avoid using physical structures;
- Stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been in contact with an infected person.
Looking for different activities to cool off? In addition to the swimming and wading pools, the City of Saint-Lambert offers you two splashpads, one at Dulwich Park and the other at Houde Park. They are open to everyone free of charge according to the following schedule:
Dulwich Park220 Brixton AvenueSaint-Lambert, QC J4P 2Y9
|Monday to Sunday||9 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
Houde ParkHall AvenueSaint-Lambert, QC J4R 1X5
|Monday to Sunday||9 a.m. to 9 p.m.|