Émilie-Heymans indoor pool
2019-08-28 - Public swim moved to the indoor pool
Due to the temperature announced on Wednesday, August 28, the public swim (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) of the Seaway Park Pool will instead take place at the indoor pool.
The morning bath (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.) will still take place at the Seaway Pool. Thank you for your understanding.
The Émilie-Heymans indoor pool in the recreation centre is open from September to June. In summer, aquatic activities are offered in the outdoor pools.
Please note that only cash is accepted for single admissions.
|Cost||Admission resident||Pre-paid card resident*||Admission non-resident||Pre-paid card non-resident**||Annual membership resident||Annual membsership non-resident**|
|Toddler (- 2 years old)||Free||----||Free||----||Free||Free|
|Child (2 to 17 years old)||$2.00||$17.50||$3.00||$26.25||$70||$130|
|Senior (60 years old +)||$3.50||$30||$5.00||$45||$77||$143|
|*The pre-paid card gives you 10 admissions to the public swims at any time, except for the morning slots. The cards are on sale now at the recreation centre (600 Oak Avenue).|
|** Includes the membership to the Seaway Park swimming pool during summer.|
Taking out a membership
You can sign up for or renew your memberships and those of your family on the B-CITI citizen portal. For instructions on how to create an account, see B-CITI citizen portal.
|*Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult in the water.|
(18 years and older)
Monday to Friday
5:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m. (MEMBERS)
12 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
8 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Everyone must obey the rules to ensure users’ full and safe enjoyment of the services offered.
When you arrive
- Show your proof of residence or your annual pool membership pass.
- Remove your footwear before entering the corridor leading to the changing rooms.
- It is prohibited at all times to photograph or film swimmers or the pool.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times.
- Bathing caps are strongly recommended. Hair longer than the nape of the neck must be tied back.
- Sandals may be worn on the pool deck, but they must not be sandals that are worn outdoors.
- Swim suits are required. The fabric must be designed for pool use. Lycra-style rashguard T-shirts are acceptable.
- It is strictly prohibited to wear undergarments under your swim suit.
- You must take a 30-second shower, making sure you rinse off from head to toe. Showers must also be taken after using the sauna before entering the pool.
- Read the swimming pool rules. They are posted beside the pool.
Swimming lane etiquette
- Swimming lanes are like roads: you have to swim on the right side of the lane.
- You must therefore keep right in your lane and swim close to the lane divider because swimmers pass in the centre of the lane. When you want to pass another swimmer, let the person know by gently tapping him or her twice on the foot so that he or she can slow down a bit and move as far right as possible to prevent a collision.
- To prevent collisions, it is prohibited to pass another swimmer at the ends of the pool (between the flags).
- Please choose the right speed lane so that all swimmers feel comfortable.
- If you accidentally collide with another swimmer during one of your swims, take a moment to apologize. This can help prevent unnecessary conflicts.
- Flippers may not be used when four or more swimmers are in the same lane. Flippers are also prohibited during the 12 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. swim time (very busy).
- A fourth swimming lane may be added during adult swim times at the lifeguards’ discretion if 15 or more swimmers are using the lanes.
- The end zones of the lanes must remain free to allow swimmers to turn.
- Keep your eye on the swimmers around you to compare your speed to theirs and make sure you are in the right lane.
- Signs are in place to indicate the lane speeds:
Slow: For slow swimming and doing full lengths, but with frequent stops at the ends of the lanes.
Medium: For continuous swimming of more than one length at a time, with occasional stops at the end of a length.
Fast: For continuous, fast swimming with few or no stops.
If you have any other questions, be sure to ask the pool staff. Enjoy your swim!