Whether you want to participate in a particular recreational activity or just get some fresh air, you’ll find more than 30 parks and green spaces along with a vast network of quality bike paths in Saint-Lambert.
Saint-Lambert has 12 parks equipped with recreational facilities, including three that have an outdoor pool. There are also a number of smaller, ornamental parks with relaxation areas where you can have a picnic or just soak up some sun. Finally, dog owners can enjoy a good romp with their pets at the dog run.
To know the location of all the city parks, refer to the Map.
The dog run is located at Seaway Park on Riverside Drive. This is an area where dogs can run free and play to their hearts’ content in pleasant and safe surroundings. To know more about the procedures for using the dog run, please consult the Dog run section.
Rules of the use of parks
- Parks are closed to the public between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m., except during specially authorized events.
- It is forbidden to use the playground equipment or the play areas for any other purpose than what they were designed for.
- It is forbidden to ride a bicycle, skateboard, or other vehicle anywhere other than on the pathways for this purpose.
- It is strictly forbidden to consume, distribute or sell alcoholic beverages or cannabis in city parks.
- If you come to watch a sports match or cultural event and you bring your dog, you must keep it on a leash at all times.
We also remind you that you must pick up your garbage after attending a sports event or taking a stroll in the park so that the grounds are clean and welcoming for everyone.
COVID-19 | Hygiene and physical distancing measures for gardeners
1) Follow the directions of the volunteer supervising the site.
2) Stay home if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with an infected person.
3) Maintain social distancing (2 metres) prior to entering and on the site.
4) Respect the maximum limit of two people from the same family per lot.
5) Bring their own gardening tools, not lend them to other gardeners and wear gloves.
6) Wipe down garden hoses and water taps after each use with the disinfecting supplies provided.
7) Dispose of all waste immediately in the bins provided.
8) Respect all hygiene measures (cough into their elbow, throw away used tissues and wash their hands immediately after).
9) Wash all harvested fruits and vegetables with soapy water before leaving the site.
Saint-Lambert has a community garden at Lespérance Park. It consists of 93 lots of 9 feet x 19 feet, 10 half lots of 9 feet x 9 feet, 8 raised lots for people with reduced mobility and 2 lots that can accommodate wheelchairs. These plots of land were created for residents wishing to grow flowers and vegetables.
Rental fees are $75/year for a regular lot and $38/year for the others.
Among the benefits offered by a community garden is the opportunity to meet other people who share a passion for gardening, and to exchange tips and ideas. As an added bonus, gardening is a proven stressbuster!
The lots are reserved for Saint-Lambert residents. Anyone wishing to rent one can contact the Culture and Recreation Office at 450 466-3890 or email@example.com to put their name on the waiting list.
Work on the De l’Écluse Street bridge postponed
Due to poor weather conditions, work on the De l’Écluse Street bridge in Saint-Lambert that was supposed to take place on July 17 and 18 has been postponed again. The date for the resumption of the work will be announced at a later date.
If you have any questions, kindly contact the Parc Jean-Drapeau staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a network of bike paths for cycling and inline skating. A bike path runs through Seaway Park, linking the cities of Brossard and Longueuil.
Across from Rivermere Avenue, on Riverside Drive, an overpass provides access to Parc Jean-Drapeau every day from April 15 to November 15 (dates subject to change depending on the weather), between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Please note the bike link is not accessible when a ship is passing through the Saint-Lambert locks.
Find out more about the bike link on the Parc Jean-Drapeau's website.
Reservation and renting of facilities
You can reserve and rent some park facilities. Consult the schedule of rates in the Facility rentals section.