Friends of the Saint-Lambert Library Foundation
Created in 1995, the Friends of the Saint-Lambert Library Foundation is an independent non-profit organization whose mission is to further the advancement and development of the library:
- by supporting and promoting cultural activities
- by raising funds for specific projects and to enlarge the library’s collections
- by encouraging residents of all ages to use the library’s services
- At the Lambertois Meritas Gala on November 30, 2017, Mr. Isaac Zia was honoured posthumously with a Grand Lambertois award. Mr. Zia’s sister, Lilian Lee, and her husband, together with his brother, Charles Zia, were present to accept the award on his behalf.
- On October 20, 2017, the recently renovated library was inaugurated in the presence of Isaac Zia’s sister, Jacqueline Yuen, and her husband, City Council, members of the board of directors of the Friends of the Library Foundation, and some 100 citizens.
- The library renovation work began in mid-January 2017 in partnership with the Foundation and the City of Saint-Lambert.
- In 2013, Mr. Isaac Zia, a longstanding Saint-Lambert resident, bequeathed the Foundation an amount of $1.2 million to “develop the library and services offered, including those for seniors.
- In 2010, a generous donation of $20,000 from the Saint-Lambert Lions Club made it possible to refurbish the children’s section of the library and purchase new books for them.
- In 1998, the Foundation launched a major fundraising campaign, which allowed the library to carry out renovations following its expansion, create an audio library, and install an Internet centre. Thanks to the Foundation, the library is able to make available to its members a vast collection of DVDs.
- Donations received by the Foundation allow the library to offer its members access to a vast collection of DVDs and to update the various collections.
Members of the Board of Directors
The members of the Board of Directors of the Foundation are:
- Suzanne Lanctôt, President
- Guy Gosselin, Vice-president
- Nadia Bernucci, Treasurer
- Sylvie Provost, Secretary
- Valérie Bossé, Director
- Marie-Thérèse Duval, Director
- Hugues Létourneau, Director
- Ginette Lévesque, Director
- Christiane Ménard, Director
- Elizabeth Jacques, Head of the Library Management division and ex officio member
- France Désaulniers, District 8 City councillor and ex officio member
- Pierre Brodeur, mayor and ex officio member
Friends of the library
Friends are citizens and companies who care about helping to develop the services and collections of the municipal library. Through their yearly contributions, the Friends of the Library support the library’s goals, actions, and projects, and they also enjoy many advantages:
- One free rental voucher, valid for one year
- Free admission to a “Préludes à l’Opéra” lecture for new Friends
- Invitation to an annual event organized especially for Friends and volunteers
- Recognition with a name plate in a book from the library’s permanent collection
- A chance to participate in the Librairie Le Fureteur’s contest and win fiction or non-fiction documents.
To become a Friend
To become a Friend, simply fill out the form available in the membership flyer. You can also offer a gift subscription to someone you know so that he or she can become a Friend of the Foundation.
Ways to donate to the Foundation?
If you would like to make a donation to the Foundation, simply mention it in the membership flyer. The donation will be registered in your name. If you wish to make a tribute donation in someone else’s name or a memorial donation in memory of a loved one, kindly mention it on a separate sheet.
By providing a gift to the municipal library in your will, you will be helping to ensure continued support for the library’s services and programs. You can indicate your wish in the membership flyer. A member of the Board of Directors will contact you.