The library’s catalogue offers access to a wide range of online services.
You can access your account via the library catalogue. To do this, enter your citizen’s card number and your personal identification number (PIN). If you don’t have a PIN yet, just ask for one at the circulation desk. With a member’s account you can:
- view your current loans
- reserve documents
- renew documents (new acquisitions, overdue documents, television series, documents reserved by other members, and rental documents may not be renewed)
- view any outstanding fees
All the documents in the library are indexed in a catalogue. You can search by title, author, subject, etc. Use the catalogue to find a document’s call number. With this number, you’ll be able to find the document in the library.
You’ll also find a list of reading suggestions in the catalogue. Click on the What to read tab to consult the list.
Clicking on the Popular books and new acquisitions tab will display a list of documents that have recently been reserved at least five times and a list of the library’s latest acquisitions.
Accessible via the library catalogue, the PRETNUMERIQUE.CA application gives access to Quebec titles (English and French), novels, documentaries and children’s books, in PDF or ePub format. To learn more about digital loans, consult the Online resources and digital books section of the catalogue and the Start-up Guides.
Compatible with most digital readers and tablets, three-week loans are chronodegradable. This means that the book will automatically be erased at the end of the loan period. So no more fines to pay!
To borrow an eBook, you must:
- Be a library member
- Have a permanent personal identification number (PIN) to access the library’s online catalogue. If you don’t have one, just ask for one at the circulation desk.
- Have access to an active email address
- Click on the Electronic resources and eBooks tab, then click on the PRETNUMERIQUE.CA link.
You can consult
Some 20 digital magazines will be available through the library catalogue, in French and English. Members will be able to read the magazines on their computer, tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android). Current issues and some back issues will be available. You will be allowed to take out as many magazines as you would like, for an unlimited time. It will also be possible to download the publications to read off-line.
To use the free digital magazine service, simply:
- Go to bibliotheque.saint-lambert.ca;
- Click on the Electronic resources and eBooks tab;
- Click on the Zinio link;
- Create your Zinio – Saint-Lambert account;
- Browse the collection and select the magazine you want.
You can consult
Other digital resources
The Saint-Lambert library subscribes to a number of online resources that can be consulted by clicking on the Online resources and digital books tab in the catalogue.