Starting Tuesday, September 8 | Return of certain library services
Despite the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our staff has been working hard to restore certain services in time for the start of the new school year.
Accordingly, starting September 8, it will once again be possible to use the computer workstations and work rooms. To ensure that everyone is able to have access to these services, their use will be limited to one hour per person per day. To ensure physical distancing, only a limited number of computer workstations will available for use.
As well, you will again be able to borrow electronic tablets to use at the library. The game consoles will not be accessible for the moment since distancing is not possible.
In addition, a new schedule will give students and people who work during the day more opportunities to use the library's services:
- Saturday and Sunday: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The library can only be entered by the front door (except for people with reduced mobility and strollers).
Due to social distancing rules, the library will be able to accommodate a maximum of 40 users at a time. We ask you to limit your visit to one hour to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the library.
All returns must be made through the book chute.
Thanks to the many services it offers, the Saint-Lambert library is the perfect place for people of all ages to learn, study, spend some leisure time, explore topics of interest, discover the world, and enrich their lives. With its vast collection of documents, including novels, works of non-fiction, eBooks, comic books, DVDs, CDs, music scores, digital resources and magazines, the library has something for every taste.
Welcome to your new library
Following many months of renovations, your new library will finally open its doors, and we are pleased to welcome you. You’ll notice that it has been transformed into a true ‘third place’ that provides opportunities for socialization, relaxation and to be inspired. For more information, consult the Discover your newly renovated library page.
The City of Saint-Lambert also gives you the opportunity to discover or rediscover your library through a series of videos. Through pictures and testimonials, you will be able to explore this “third space” (after the home and the workplace) and to pay tribute to its essential role in the community.
More videos are available, visit our YouTube account to watch them!
Calendar of activities
In addition to providing access to a vast collection of documents, the library also hosts many cultural activities and events, such as lectures, workshops, book clubs, story hours, etc. Find out about all the library activities in the Calendar section.
Tuesday and Wednesday
Thursday and Friday
Saturday and Sunday
|Closed||10 a.m. to 6 p.m.||Noon to 8 p.m.||Noon to 4 p.m.|
The Library will be closed on these holidays:
- Christmas Eve: Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- Boxing Day: Thursday, December 26, 2019
- New Year's Eve: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Day after New Year's: Thursday, January 2, 2020
- Easter: Sunday, April 12, 2020
- Easter Monday: Monday, April 13, 2020
- Victoria Day: Monday, May 18, 2020
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day: Wednesday, June 24, 2020
- Canada Day: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Labour Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving: Monday, October 12, 2020
- Christmas Eve: Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas Day: Friday, December 25, 2020
- Boxing Day: Saturday, December 26, 2020
- New Year's Eve: Thursday, December 31, 2020
- New Year’s Day: Friday, January 1, 2021
- Day after New Year's: Saturday, January 2, 2021
Library user's record
Easily access your library user record to reserve books, view your current loans, view your fees on file and more by clicking here: