Throughout the summer, passers-by are invited to fill downtown with the strains of music by taking a few moments to play their favourite melody on the piano that has been set up for them at Gordon Park.
Through this initiative, the City of Saint-Lambert hopes to:
- Provide a free cultural installation for citizens;
- Facilitate exchanges between amateur and professional artists;
- Forge bonds within the Saint-Lambert community;
- Stimulate, develop and maintain an interest for Saint-Lambert’s cultural vitality;
- Encourage citizen participation.
To mark the launch of the 2019 season, citizens are invited to come to Gordon Park on May 31 at 4 p.m. to attend the piano unveiling ceremony. This will be followed by a musical performance featuring a special appearance by Alexandre Da Costa, an internationally acclaimed solo violinist as well as the artistic director and conductor of the Orchestre symphonique de Longueuil and Dominic Boulianne, talented pianist.
The piano may be played from June 1 to September 29:
- Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Saturday, from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Sunday, from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The piano will be closed on holidays and if there is a high risk of rain (60% risk of precipitation and more).
- To allow everyone to have a turn at the piano, if other people are waiting to play, a maximum of 10 minutes per musician is permitted.
- In case of rain, the public is asked to cover the piano with the tarpaulin provided.
Thank you to our partner!
The City of Saint-Lambert thanks Bonbon Noix et cie for opening and closing the piano on weekends.