Throughout the summer, passers-by will be invited to fill downtown with the strains of music by taking a few moments to play their favourite melody on the piano that will be set up for them.
Through this initiative, the City of Saint-Lambert hopes to:
- Provide a free cultural installation for citizens;
- Facilitate exchanges between amateur and professional artists;
- Forge bonds within the Saint-Lambert community;
- Stimulate, develop and maintain an interest for Saint-Lambert’s cultural vitality;
- Encourage citizen participation.
The piano may be played at Gordon Park from July 3 to September 27, 2020:
- Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Saturday, from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Sunday, from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The piano will be closed on holidays and if there is a high risk of rain (60% risk of precipitation and more).
- To allow everyone to have a turn at the piano, if other people are waiting to play, a maximum of 10 minutes per musician is permitted.
- In case of rain, the public is asked to cover the piano with the tarpaulin provided.
Public piano during COVID-19
During this pandemic period, we ask users and passers-by to follow a few rules to ensure everyone’s health and safety. Please make sure to:
- Disinfect your hands before and after using the piano (be sure to have hand sanitizer on hand);
- Respect social distancing and maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people on the site at all times;
- Avoid touching the piano cabinet and any other equipment around the public piano;
- Wait until the person playing before you has left the piano before using it;
- Stay home if you have symptoms or if you have been around someone with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days.
Thank you to our partner!
The City of Saint-Lambert would like to thank Bonbon Noix et cie for opening and closing the piano.