Public notice of the revision of the list of electors
By this public notice, Me Sandra Ruel, returning officer, announces the following to the electors of the municipality.
1. The municipal list of electors was filed with the office of the municipality on October 4th, 2021. It is currently under review.
2. In order to vote, you must be entered on the list of electors.
3. You have the right to be entered on the list of electors if:
- You will be 18 years of age on polling day.
- On September 1st, 2021:
– you had the Canadian citizenship;
– you were not under curatorship;
– you had not been convicted of a corrupt electoral practice in the previous five years.
- In addition, you must meet one of the following two conditions on September 1st, 2021:
– Be domiciled on the territory of the municipality and for at least six months in Québec.
– For at least 12 months, own an immovable or occupy a business establishment located on the territory of the municipality;
NOTE: If you are not domiciled in the municipality and want to exercise your voting right, you will need to send an application for entry or a power of attorney, as the case may be, to the returning officer.
4. You will be able to consult the list of electors and, if you are an elector domiciled in the municipality, submit an application for entry, striking or correction before the board of revisors at the following location, on the days and during the hours indicated.
Address: 55, Argyle Avenue, Saint-Lambert
Days and times:
- Monday, October 18th 2021, from 14 h 30 to 17 h 30
- Monday, October 18th 2021, from 19 h to 22 h
- Tuesday, October 19th2021, from 10 h to 13 h
- Tuesday, October 19th2021, from 14 h 30 to 17 h 30
5. For any application for entry of a person domiciled in the territory of the municipality, the person who applies must indicate the previous address of the person’s domicile and present two documents: one indicating the name and date of birth of the person and the other, his or her name and domicile address.
6. You may submit a written application for entry, correction or striking from the list of electors to the returning officer if you are domiciled in the municipality and you are in one of the following situations
- You are domiciled or lodged in an eligible health establishment1.
- You are unable to travel for health reasons or you are a caregiver domiciled at the same address as such a person.
- You must comply with an order or recommendation for isolation from public health authorities because you:
– returned from a trip abroad within the last 14 days;
– were diagnosed with COVID-19 and you are still considered a carrier of the disease;
– are showing COVID-19 symptoms;
– have been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
– are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
You must submit your application no later than October 19th 2021.
This application must be accompanied by a copy of two documents: one showing your name and date of birth and the other showing your name and domiciliary address. If you are domiciled or you lodged in a eligible health establishment1, these documents may be replaced by an attestation from a staff member confirming your identity and place of residence.
To obtain the required forms, contact the returning officer. To obtain the required forms, contact the returning officer. He must then have received them no later than October 19th 2021 at 17 h 30.
7. If you are in one of the above-described situations, and you are entered on the list of electors, you can also vote by mail. To do this, you must make a verbal or written request to the returning officer no later than October 27th, 2021.
If you are requesting to vote by mail because you must comply with an order or a recommendation from public health authorities to isolate, your request can only be made from October 17th, 2021 and will be valid for the current poll only. If you are in situation other than those above, your application will be valid for the current poll and any recommenced proceedings arising from this election.
8. You can contact the returning officer (or his or her assistant, where applicable) at the following address and telephone number.
Returning officer: Me Sandra Ruel
Address: 55 Argyle Avenue, Saint-Lambert
Telephone: (450) 466-3889 ext. 3402
Assistant: Eryka Roy
Address: 55, Argyle Avenue, Saint-Lambert Telephone: (450) 466-3889 ex. 3427
Given to Saint-Lambert on October, 7th 2021