General election 2021 | Public notice to building owners and occupants of a business establishment
Polling date November 7th, 2021
By this public notice, Me Sandra Ruel, the returning officer, announces the following to the owners of a building and the occupants of a business establishment.
1. You may have the right to vote if you are the owner of a building or if you are the occupant of a business establishment in the municipality since or before September 1, 2020.
2. To be eligible, you must be 18 years of age or older on polling day and have the Canadian citizenship on September 1st, 2021. You must not be under curatorship or deprived of your election rights on that date.
3. To exercise your voting right, you must submit the appropriate document:
- An application for entry if you are the sole owner of a building or sole occupant of a business establishment.
- If you are one of the co-owners of co-occupants of a building or a business establishment, a power of attorney designing one person among you, who will be entered on the list.
To obtain the required forms, contact the returning officer. Please send the completed form to the address provided below.
4. In order for the application to be valid for the current election, you must submit your form no later than October 19th, 2021.
The application for entry on the list of electors or the power of attorney remains valid until it is replaced or withdrawn. If you want to replace or withdraw an existing application for entry or a power of attorney, please contact the returning officer.
Exceptional measures related to the health situation (vote by mail – COVID-19)
5. You will have the opportunity to vote by mail if you are in one of the following situations:
Between Sunday, October 17th, 2021, and Wednesday, October 27th, 2021, you must comply with a request or recommendation for isolation from public health authorities because you:
- returned from a trip abroad within the last 14 days;
- were diagnosed with COVID-19 and you are still considered a carrier of the disease;
- are showing COVID-19 symptoms;
- have been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
To vote by mail, eligible electors must make a verbal or written request to the returning officer no later than October 27th, 2021.
Contact information of the Returning Officer
- 55, avenue Argyle, Saint-Lambert, J4P 2H3
- 450-466-3889, ext. 3402