Draft by-law remuneration of council members
Public notice is hereby given that at a Council meeting held on August 26, 2019, a proposed by-law concerning the remuneration of the members of Council was tabled in accordance with the Act respecting the remuneration of elected municipal officers (CQLR, chapter T-11.001).
1. This draft by-law is intended to replace the By-law respecting the remuneration of elected municipal officers (2016-142). It has the effect of:
- increasing the annual base remuneration of the mayor and of the councillors;
- omitting the provisions relating to the payment of an expense allowance, this rule being provided for in section 19 of the Act respecting the remuneration of elected municipal officers;
- removing the additional remuneration paid to a council member who solemnizes a marriage;
- replacing the rule for calculating the indexation of the mayor’s annual remuneration and that of the councillors.
2. The current remuneration and expense allowance of the mayor and councillors and those proposed by the draft by-law are as follows:
- the mayor’s current base remuneration is $33,152.76;
- the mayor’s proposed basic remuneration is $42,199.32;
- the mayor’s current expense allowance is $16,576.44;
- the mayor’s proposed expense allowance is $16,767.00 or any other amount as may be established in section 19 of the Act respecting the remuneration of elected municipal officers;
- a councillor’s current basic remuneration is $13,057.92;
- a councillor’s proposed basic remuneration is $15,483.08;
- a councillor’s current expense allowance is $6,528.96;
- a councillor’s proposed expense allowance is $7,742.24;
3. The proposed remuneration would be indexed for each fiscal year beginning in 2020.
4. This by-law will be presented for adoption at the Council meeting to be held on Tuesday October 22, 2019 at 7:30 p.m., in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 55 Argyle Avenue, Saint-Lambert.
5. This draft by-law may be consulted at the at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 55 Argyle Avenue in Saint-Lambert, from Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Friday, from 8:30 to noon or on the City’s website at: www.saint-lambert.ca