The tennis courts will open on May 23!
Following the Quebec government’s announcement regarding the resumption of individual sports activities, the City of Saint-Lambert is preparing to open its tennis courts on May 23.
In order to allow residents to play tennis even if they don’t yet have their access card, the courts will be open on a self-service basis between May 23 and 28. No reservations will be required. Court changeovers will be on the hour, and play is limited to one hour. The courts are available on a first come, first served basis.
Starting May 29, access cards will be required as before. We invite residents to get their card today by logging into their B-CITI account. The cost is $108 for the season.
Tennis access cards will be available at the recreation centre starting Tuesday, May 26 for those who subscribed before Sunday, May 24.
For subscriptions purchased from Monday, May 25:
Access cards can be picked up at the recreation centre according to the following schedule: Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., as well as Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Allow 48 business hours after purchasing your card before picking it up at the recreation centre.
Hygiene and distancing measures
Even if the tennis courts will be open, the City of Saint-Lambert is reminding users that gatherings are still banned. The City also asks users to abide by the following rules when using the courts:
- A maximum of two people per court (singles play only);
- Players must each have a filled water bottle and hand sanitizer as there will be no access to washroom facilities or water;
- Players must each bring their own balls and racket, and they may not lend their equipment to anyone else;
- Players must maintain a distance of two metres from other people at all times;
- Players must wash their hands before and after play.
For all the rules that apply to the tennis courts, residents are invited to consult the Sports grounds page. Signs will also be posted on site.