Extreme heat warning: Watering ban in effect until further notice and reminder of preventive measures
Given the extreme heat warning and high consumption of drinking water on the territory, the cities of Boucherville, Brossard, Longueuil, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville and Saint-Lambert are imposing a temporary watering ban for the entire territory of the agglomeration.
Watering ban in effect until further notice
Therefore, it is forbidden to water lawns and to wash cars in these cities until further notice. However, manual watering of flowerbeds and gardens is permitted. These preventive and temporary measures are necessary to ensure the quality of the drinking water supply and to conserve water for fire protection during this period of high water consumption.
Reminder of preventive measures
With the extreme heat warning issued by the Direction de santé publique de la Montérégie, the City of Saint-Lambert is taking this opportunity to remind you of a few preventive measures:
- Outdoors, take shelter under a parasol or wear a wide-brimmed, well-ventilated hat;
- Use sunscreen to limit your exposure to ultraviolet rays;
- Limit your physical activities, especially in the middle of the day, when it is hottest;
- Drink plenty of water;
- Close the blinds and curtains to keep your home cool;
- Open all windows in the evening, if it is cooler outside;
- Use air conditioning to lower the temperature in your home;
- If you work outside during this hot weather, drink at least one glass of water every 20 minutes even if you aren’t thirsty;
- Adjust your work pace to your heat tolerance and take breaks in the shade or in a cool place.
Seniors and those with chronic illnesses are encouraged to follow these preventive measures to reduce the risk of suffering from heat-related health problems. All residents are encouraged to check on members of their entourage who may be at risk.