The City of Saint-Lambert offers you an entertaining year-end!
Given the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the City of Saint-Lambert has decided to offer a brand new program of activities that will mostly be carried out remotely online. This revamped program includes sports, literary and cultural activities for both children and adults. Something for everyone to enjoy until the Christmas holidays!
“We are aware that cultural and recreational activities are important for the vitality of our community and our collective well-being. We are therefore very pleased to have adapted our previously planned program in light of the challenges imposed by the ongoing pandemic. Citizens will have lots of opportunity to have fun through to the holidays,” specified Mayor Pierre Brodeur.
Culture on offer
Those who love reading, art and culture won’t be left out!
- Conférence Les relations entre voisins (in French) | November 24: The lawyer Anne Bourget from the community justice centre will explain the main rules of good neighbourliness and will define the notion of “neighbourhood annoyance” (conflicts with neighbours).
- Les Ptits ateliers en pyjama (in French) | November 25 et December 15: Readings, songs, play activities and educational activities, as well as reading suggestions and arts and crafts, will all be featured at these interactive workshops led by Martine Moreau from Ptits cœurs contes, so little ones can have some fun before bedtime!
- Exciting reads | December 1 to 23: The library team, together with the Friends of the Library Foundation, is offering you to choose a book under wraps, to borrow it, and who knows, you might just discover your latest favourite pick!
- Conférence L’importance du rire et du sourire pour les grands-parents (in French) | December 1: This activity of Nicole Filiatrault is a storytelling talk intended for people who are grandparents or grandparents at heart, and for all those interested in intergenerational relationships.
- Mieux utiliser sa tablette (in French) | December 3: The Techno Culture Club offers you this class on how to navigate and use the features of the iPad or of the Android for an experience better tailored to your needs.
- Méli-mélo d’expériences avec les débrouillards (in French) | December 5: Using home ingredients, youngsters will be challenged to carry out some simple and varied experiments.
- Aéro avec les débrouillards (in French) | December 5: In this workshop, you will learn the secrets of this phenomenon through airplane- and parachute-design experiments.
- Ma bibliothèque numérique (in French) | December 8: This lecture will introduce you to the library’s full range of digital resources.
- Jeu-questionnaire familial virtuel (in French) | December 11: Hosted by Joker Expériences ludiques, test your family’s knowledge of popular themes (Disney, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.), but also of general culture.
- Atelier de mixologie (in French) | December 11 to 25: In this virtual workshop, a professional mixologist will teach you how to make two festive cocktail recipes (with or without alcohol).
A number of activities are offered to help put you into the spirit of the holidays, which are just around the corner!
- Santa Claus comes to town| November 21 and 28: At the invitation of Saint-Lambert’s Corporation for Economic Development (CED), Santa Claus will tour our city streets to greet local children and bring them good cheer as the holidays approach.
- Rencontre avec le père Noël (in French) | November 29: At the invitation of Saint-Lambert’s Corporation for Economic Development (CED), Santa Claus will answer questions asked by children live from the North Pole via Facebook.
- Pre-holiday readings| December 21 to 23: Borrow a set of seven books from the children’s section and discover the pleasure of a surprise read every day during the week before Christmas.
- CONTEST: My Christmas Booklet| December 1 to 19: The children from 2 to 12 years old are invited to meet the challenge of completing all the activities in our booklet in order to participate in a draw!
- Holiday treasure hunt | Starting on December 1: What fun to take in all the Christmas decorations! To liven up your walks, we offer you a Christmas treasure hunt. The list of clues to find will be available from December 1.
- Bouclette – Mission pôle Nord (in French) | December 6: In this family show, Santa Claus gives the fairy Bouclette a mission of the greatest importance: finding the snow that has disappeared!
- Holiday crafts for families (in French) | December 9 to 23: In this virtual workshop, learn how to do two holiday crafts. You’re sure to have fun as a family together with Dahlia and Kassyopé, the mischievous fairy.
- Gourmet Christmas Market| December 12: The Old Saint-Lambert Farmers’ Market invites you to its gourmet Christmas market. Come and stock up on a variety of local delights in preparation for your holiday celebrations.
Let’s get moving!
A variety of sports activities, offered via videoconferencing, will allow everyone who likes to move a chance to burn off all the excess energy accumulated during the weeks of confinement. The following courses are on offer until December 18:
- Tai-chi-chuan (in French): Natalie Coutu offers a Tai Chi Chuan course for all ages. Tai Chi Chuan is a mixture of health gymnastics, a martial art and a Chinese philosophy.
- Interval cardio course (in French): Lucie Laurin offers a course featuring simple, but intense athletic movements that give the heart a workout and improve muscle strength. The class ends with a few flexibility exercises.
- “Retired and in shape” course (in French): Karine from THT offers a variety of exercises (no jumping) adapted to an older clientele to help them stay in good shape.
- Pilates, yoga et meditation: Karine from THT offers a basic course featuring various Pilates-type stretching exercises to strengthen your muscular endurance.
To learn more…
For all the details on these activities and to find out how to participate, citizens can consult the complete program found on the calendar page of the City’s website.