Celebrate Winter Fun in Saint-Lambert!
Given this year’s cancellation of the traditional province-wide Plaisirs d’hiver program due to the pandemic, the City of Saint-Lambert still invites residents to take advantage of all the fun that winter has to offer.
In addition to the cross-country ski trails, outdoor skating rinks and sledding hills at Seaway Park and the municipal golf course, residents will be offered a few special activities in February to add some pep to this cold month:
- Saturday, February 6 at 3 p.m. | Virtual stories: Children and adults are invited to meet Éric Michaud, storyteller and the King of Liars. You’ll be captivated by the clever mix of history and humour in his incredible stories!
- From February 6 to March 7 | Le Condamné – outdoor escape game: Download the mobile app and head over to Seaway Park or the Coulée verte to play this outdoor escape game. You’ll have 60 minutes to help young Déon escape from the dark dungeon where he is imprisoned, using the clues hidden around the site.
- Until February 12 | Saint-Lambert en neige competition: Send us your best photos of Saint-Lambert in the snow. You might just win a $100 gift certificate from the Corporation for the Economic Development of Saint-Lambert or see your artwork displayed in a local store window.
- Until February 22 | Plaisirs d'hiver treasure hunt: We invite you to take part in a treasure hunt under the theme of winter to add a little spice to your family walks in the snow. The list of clues can be found here.
- Until March 7 | Snow Castle Challenge: Saint-Lambert is joining the 2021 Snow Castle Challenge (Défi château de neige) by inviting you to build your most beautiful castle and share a photo of your snowy creation. Several prizes to be won, including some exclusively for participants from the city of Saint-Lambert!
Depending on how the COVID-19 situation evolves, in-person outdoor activities could be added to the program.
For more details on the activities and how to participate, consult the complete program in the Calendar section.