Calling all book-lovers: the library will re-open its doors on July 13!
The City of Saint-Lambert is pleased to announce to its residents that the library will be open again to the public as of July 13.
“Our library occupies an important place in our community, as evidenced by the success of the no-contact loan service offered during the shutdown. We are therefore very pleased to make the library available once again to all those who love culture and reading. The library will open in phases, but this first step marks the beginning of a return to normal, which is such good news,” remarked Mayor Pierre Brodeur.
The usual services will resume gradually. For now, users will be able to:
- have free access to the library’s collections;
- borrow documents (all returns must be made through the book chute);
- benefit from the reader assistance service;
- use the furniture (tables, chairs, armchairs) to stop for a few moments; and
- take advantage of the online services, including document reservation.
The computer workstations and workrooms will not be available for the time being. Nor will the iPad loan service. Members will be informed as soon as these services resume.
Due to social distancing rules, the library will be able to accommodate a maximum of 40 users at a time. The City therefore asks users to limit their visits to one hour to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the library.
During the gradual re-opening, the library schedule will be as follows:
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
The library can only be entered by the front door (except for people with reduced mobility and strollers).
End of the no-contact loan service
With the re-opening of the library, the no-contact loan service offered since June 1 will come to an end. This means that email and phone reservations will no longer be accepted as of Wednesday, July 8. Residents will have to go to the library to obtain documents.