In October, culture takes place of pride in Saint-Lambert with the 5th edition of the Rentrée culturelle!
Published on 02 Oct 2023
The Ville de Saint-Lambert is proud to present the 5th edition of the Rentrée culturelle, which will be taking place throughout the month of October.
In collaboration with a number of cultural organizations, the City will present concerts, lectures, workshops, and performances during this month dedicated to celebrating and showcasing our cultural vitality. A host of 100% cultural discoveries await residents who take part in the event!
- Rencontre avec l’autrice Anne-Marie Saint-Cerny (in French) | Tuesday, October 10, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the library
La Fondation des amis de la bibliothèque de Saint-Lambert vous invite à une rencontre avec Anne-Marie Saint-Cerny, autrice du livre Mégantic, une tragédie annoncée.
- Open house practice | Tuesday, October 17, at 6 p.m., at 485, Birch Avenue
Attend one of the weekly practices of the South Shore Children's Chorus and share the pleasure of singing!
- Jazz concert | Friday, October 20, at 7:30 p.m., at the multi-purpose centre [FULL]
Discover the talent of the Conservatoire de musique de la Montérégie in an evening of jazz.
- Total immersion in choral music | Saturday, October 21, at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., and Tuesday, October 24, at 7 p.m., at the multi-purpose centre
Come in and find out how the St. Lambert Choral Society prepares for its next concert, under the direction of choir director Gabrielle Gaudreault.
- Variety show | Monday, October 23, at 5 :30 p.m. or 7 :30 p.m., at the multi-purpose centre
Watch this show featuring young musicians and dancers from Préville Fine Arts Centre.
- Lancement et présentation du Cahier #15 (in French) | Thursday, October 26, at 7 p.m., at the multi-purpose centre
La Société d’histoire Mouillepied vous présente son 15e cahier regroupant des textes autour de l'histoire du magasin Taylor, qui a souligné ses 100 ans en 2020, des maisons d'origine du boulevard Desaulniers, développé à partir de 1910 environ, et de l'histoire du Slocum Lodge, une prestigieuse et étonnante maison cachée dans la végétation de Préville-en-Bas.
- Dance performances | Friday, October 27, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at the multi-purpose centre
Dance show featuring Studio Danse C students performing contemporary, jazz, hip hop and breakdance choreography.
Information and registration
All the activities are offered free of charge, but some require registration or a ticket. To know more, visit the Events section for the complete descriptions of the various activities.
A number of the activities offered during the Rentrée culturelle are made possible thanks to financial support from the Government of Quebec and the Ville de Saint-Lambert, under the cultural development agreement between the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications and the Ville de Saint-Lambert.
The Rentrée culturelle
The Rentrée culturelle was created in 2017 as an annual flagship event to promote Saint-Lambert’s cultural wealth. It consists of a series of activities with the goal of providing greater visibility to our full range of cultural services.