Saint-Lambert’s Family Festival: a full slate of activities during the month of May!
The Ville de Saint-Lambert invites its residents to celebrate the arrival of the good weather at the seventh edition of Family Day, this year renamed the Family Festival as it will run from Saturday, May 15, to Friday, May 28.
Due to the pandemic, the Family Festival will take on a different look this year, but promises to be as much fun as ever! Rather than just one day of activities, the event will span two weeks and allow you to do some of the activities right in your own home.
Children and adults alike are sure to find something they like in this diverse program of cultural, artistic and sports activities:
- Musical bikes | Saturday, May 15, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Village Square: Participants become the star of a music band by pedalling on stationary bicycles. No registration required.
- Come learn how to fly a kite | Sunday, May 16, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Seaway Park (opposite Dulwich Avenue): Each family bubble will have the chance to fly a single-line kite for 45 minutes in a flying area pre-determined by the activity leaders. Registration required via the recreational activity registration module as of Monday, May 10.
- Photo contest – Glimpses at Saint-Lambert history | From Saturday, May 15, to Friday, May 28: Send us your oldest photos featuring something about Saint-Lambert: the façade of your childhood home, the old arena, Victoria Street in another era, etc. You could win a $100 gift certificate from the Corporation for the Economic Development of Saint-Lambert.
- Paper fortune teller | From Saturday, May 15, to Friday, May 28: Want to leave your next activity in Saint-Lambert up to chance? Print this paper fortune teller (a type of origami) and take your chances.
- Fun quiz Sur la route du patrimoine (in French only) | From Saturday, May 15, to Friday, May 28: This fun quiz lets you test your knowledge of Saint-Lambert in the 1990s. By participating, you stand a chance of winning a copy of Saint-Lambert au fil des ans/Saint-Lambert Through The Years. Only one entry per person.
- Spring craft | From Saturday, May 15, to Friday, May 28: As of Saturday, May 15, you can come pick up a free creative craft kit at the recreation centre or library, during opening hours. You’ll be able to make your own woolen butterfly or owl. Maximum of one craft kit per person
- Home craft | From Saturday, May 15, to Friday, May 28: Who are the members of your family? The library asks you to print out this house model and then draw in and colour your family members. Paper copies of this home craft will be available at the library as of Saturday, May 15.
For more details about the activities and the procedures for participating, residents are asked to consult the full program in the Calendar section.