On November 7, 2021, the electors of the Ville de Saint-Lambert will be asked to elect a new council for a four-year term. The purpose of this section of the City's website is to draw your attention to the main steps of the electoral process.
Make sure you are on the electoral list!
The right to vote is the very expression of democracy, and to exercise that right, an elector must be entered on the electoral list. Every elector must ensure that his or her name is entered on the electoral list. To know more, you can consult the Revision of the list page.
In order to exercise your right to vote on November 7, we invite you to note the following dates in your agenda:
- October 18 and 19, 2021: Period to apply to the board of revisors to enter, correct or strike a name from the electoral list
- October 31 and November 1, 2021: Advance voting from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- November 7, 2021: Voting day from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
To find out where to go at the above dates, visit www.monbureaudevote.ca/Saint-Lambert.
Right to vote
To exercise the right to vote, you must qualify as an elector, that is, be 18 years of age or older on polling day, and meet the following conditions on September 1, 2021:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be domiciled in the territory of the municipality and have lived in Québec for at least six months;
- not be under curatorship; and
- be entered on the electoral list.
You are also eligible to vote if, in addition to being 18 years of age or older on polling day, you are, as at September 1, 2021, a Canadian citizen and, for at least 12 months, have been the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment situated in the territory of the municipality. You must also be entered on the electoral list.
Legal persons such as partnerships, companies, cooperatives, non-profit organizations and unions may not be entered on the electoral list. Only natural persons may vote in a municipal election.
Pursuant to section 71 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities, it is the responsibility of the returning officer to ensure the preparation and proper conduct of that event. For these elections, this role is filled by the head of the City Clerk’s Office and the deputy clerk of the municipality, Maître Sandra Ruel.
For more information, you can contact her office located at City Hall (55 Argyle Avenue):
- Phone: 450 466-3889, ext. 3402
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org