Green waste and branches
Green waste collections take place every other Thursday from May 3 to November 29, 2018, except in July and August, when there is only one collection per month:
- May 3, 17 and 31, 2018
- June 14 and 28, 2018
- July 19, 2018
- August 16, 2018
- September 6 and 20, 2018
- October 4 and 18, 2018
- November 15 and 29, 2018
Green waste consists mainly of grass clippings, dead leaves, plant and flower waste, etc. Green waste for collection must be placed on edge of the sidewalk in approved containers:
- a regular garbage bin, equipped with handles and an airtight lid and having a maximum capacity of 100 litres;
- a biodegradable plastic bag (orange or transparent) or biodegradable disposable paper bag, with a maximum capacity of 150 litres;
- a brown, 360-litre bin on wheels, equipped with handles for mechanized pickup.
Maximum weight is limited to 25 kg.
Branches are now accepted in the green waste collection, under certain conditions:
- Branches must be less than 5 cm in diameter.
- Branches may not be longer that 1 m.
- Branches must be tied in bundles of not more than 40 cm in diameter.
Christmas trees pickups take place on the following Thursdays :
- January 11, 2018
- January 18, 2018
Please remove all decorations before placing your trees outside for pick-up. Also be sure NOT to wrap your tree in a plastic bag, or it will not be picked up.
To find out all the details and the dates of the various collections, you can consult the 2018 Calendar of municipal activities. You can get a printed copy in all municipal buildings.
Experts recommend to leave grass clippings on the lawn. They keep your lawn from drying out and provide it with nutrients. Lawn mower blades help to facilitate cycling.