The accessibility mode increases the contrast for people with visual problems.
Household waste management involves several components including household garbage, recyclables, green waste, and hazardous household waste.
- Summer: every Monday from April 2 to October 29, 2018
- Winter: every second Monday
- Every second Thursday
- Exception: every Thursday for residential buildings with 9 or more units and industrial facilities, commercial businesses, and institutions, recyclables
- Christmas trees (two collections): Thursdays, January 11 and 18, 2018
- Yard waste and leaves (14 collections): May 3, 17 and 31, June 14 and 28, July 19, August 16, September 6 and 20, October 4 and 18, November 15 and 29
(Large non-recoverable waste)
- Four collections: Mondays, May 7, June 4, July 2 and October 1, 2018
To find out all the details and the dates of the various collections, you can consult the 2018 Calendar of municipal activities. You can get a printed copy in all municipal buildings.
You have free access to three ecocentres within the Longueuil agglomeration where you can dispose of various recoverable materials in an ecologically friendly manner, including some that may not be discarded in either the regular garbage or recyclables pick-ups: tires, wood furniture, construction equipment, air conditioners, refrigerators, hazardous household waste, electronic products, branches, peat edges, etc.
Directory of recyclers
The City of Saint-Lambert has created a list of places where you can properly dispose of or donate common household items (computers, cell phones, furniture, etc.) in an ecological way.
Residents who would like to start composting at home may purchase a Soil Saver composter for $25 (maximum two composters per household). The composters are available while stocks last from the City Hall, located at 55 Argyle Avenue. If you have any questions, join the green squad at 450 466-3889, ext. 3199 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.