Free “Accès 65 HORS POINTE” transit pass for seniors
Starting in 2018, the City of Saint-Lambert will offer free monthly ''Accès 65 HORS POINTE'' transit passes to low-income seniors (having an annual gross income of less than $27,000 for an individual or less than $32,000 for a family) aged 65 and older.This pass will be valid for a period of six months and will be renewable on July 1.
The “Accès 65 HORS POINTE” transit pass allows qualified seniors to make an unlimited number of trips using the regular transit or paratransit services of the RTL network, during the following off-peak hours:
- Off-peak daytime hours: 9 a.m. to 3:29 p.m.
- Off-peak evening hours: 6:30 p.m. to 3:59 a.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays.
The City is pleased to offer this service, whose goal is to encourage its seniors to stay active and take part in activities being offered in the agglomeration, while helping to relieve them of the worry of the cost of transportation.
How to obtain your free pass
All a person needs to do is to come to City Hall (55 Argyle Avenue) with the following documents in hand:
- A reduced-fare OPUS card with photo;
- Proof of residency: copy of a tax bill or utility bill (telephone, electricity, etc.);
- A piece of identification: valid driver’s licence, health insurance card or passport;
- A statement of earnings: copy of the person’s 2016 or 2017 notice of assessment from the federal government;
- The completed eligibility application form.
If the application meets all the requirements, the person will receive the ''Accès 65 HORS POINTE'' transit pass on their OPUS card.
How to obtain your reduced-fare OPUS card with photo
If you do not have a reduced-fare OPUS card with photo, you can obtain one for $15 from the ticket office located in wing A of the Longueuil terminal, at 120 Place Charles-Le Moyne. The ticket office is open 7 days a week, between 5:30 a.m. and 12:00 a.m.
Be sure to bring:
- The completed application form for a reduced-fare OPUS card with photo;
- A valid piece of photo identification (driver’s licence, health insurance card, or passport).
To know more…
About the reduced-fare OPUS card with photo
Please contact the RTL’s Customer Service department at 450 463-0131 or consult their website at www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca.
About obtaining free ''Accès 65 HORS POINTE'' transit pass
Please contact the front desk at City Hall at 450 672-4444.