The accessibility mode increases the contrast for people with visual problems.


Tree inventory

vue aérienneAccording to the Tree policy adopted in the fall of 2012, the City of Saint-Lambert set itself the task of producing a complete inventory of the trees on its territory, over a five-year period. 

This inventory, which will serve as a management tool, will ensure the preservation and development of our urban forest.

2015 inventory

In its 2015 inventory, the City covered 26% of its land area, for a total of 3,006 trees. The area surveyed is bounded by Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier Boulevard, Simard Boulevard, Victoria Avenue, and Riverside Drive. 

The report filed in 2015 tells us the following:

  • 91 different tree species were identified. The proportion of deciduous trees (88%; 2,655 trees) is higher than that of coniferous trees (12%; 351 trees).
  • The silver maple and Norway maple are the most abundant species among the deciduous trees, representing close to 48% (1,267 trees) of the total of this group. The remaining 52% (1,388 trees) is composed of 73 different species.
  • The conifers comprise 15 species, including the Colorado spruce, Austrian pine, white spruce, and Norway spruce, which make up 80% of this group (282 trees). The remaining 20% (69 trees) is composed of 11 different species.
  • Most of the trees listed are in an advanced stage of maturity and 80% (2,396 trees) of them are in good health.
  • The white ash, American ash, and red ash represent less than 1% of trees in this sector (23 trees), while they made up 1.4% of the trees in the sector surveyed in 2014 (43 trees) and 9.5% of the trees in the sector surveyed in 2013 (288 trees).
  • 30% of deciduous trees are native, while most of the conifers are not.

You can consult 

pdf Rapport d'activités et plan d'intervention 2015

2014 inventory

In its 2014 inventory, the City covered 22% of its land area. The area surveyed is bounded by Victoria Avenue, Lespérance Street, Merton Avenue, Oak Avenue, Tiffin Road, Industrielle Street, Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier Boulevard, and Riverside Drive. The inventory also includes a portion of Seaway Park and the entire length of Queen Boulevard. 

The report filed in 2014 tells us the following:

  • 67 different tree species were identified. The proportion of deciduous trees (74%) is higher than that of coniferous trees (26%).
  • The Norway maple and the silver maple are the most abundant species among the deciduous trees, representing close to 42% of the total of this group. The remaining 58% is composed of 54 different species. 
  • The conifers comprise 11 species, including the Colorado spruce, the Austrian pine, and the Norway spruce, which make up 82% of this group. The remaining 18% is composed of 8 different species.
  • Most of the trees listed are in an advanced stage of maturity and 77% of them are in good health.
  • The American white ash and the red ash represent 1.4% of trees in this sector, while they made up 9.5% of the trees in the sector surveyed in 2013.

You can consult 

pdf Rapport d'activités et plan d'intervention 2014

Inventory of ash trees

In 2014, the City also took a complete inventory of the ash trees on public land, with the exception of the golf courses and natural milieus. This measure was undertaken as part of its action plan for managing the emerald ash borer problem.

This inventory reveals that:

  • The number of ash trees on public land, with the exception of the golf courses and natural milieus, is 1,543 trees. 
  • There are more red ash than American white ash trees, by a proportion of 76% to 24%. 
  • Most of the ash trees (59%) are street trees. Another 36% of ash trees (559 trees) can be found in parks, while 5% are located in natural milieus, on developed land, and close to public buildings. 
  • The inventory of ash trees revealed 67 trees that were either dead, dangerous or somewhat dangerous, infested by the emerald ash borer, in a significant decline, or expected to survive less than five years. These trees were cut down, bringing the number of ash trees felled in 2014 to 81. 

2013 Report

The report filed in 2013 tells us the following: 

  • In 2013, the City had inventoried 22% of its land area, covering the quadrilateral bounded by Tiffin, Victoria, Riverside and Lespérance.
  • The forest is mature and little diversified. It is composed of 88% deciduous trees and 12% coniferous trees. 
  • Three species make up 50% of the deciduous trees: silver maple (23.78%), Norway maple (20.20%), and white ash (6.64%).
  • Three species make up 73% of the coniferous trees: Colorado spruce (48.38%), Austrian pine (12.70%) and white spruce (11.89%).
  • Ash trees account for 9.5% of the trees inventoried in 2013 and they number 288 (176 white ash and 112 red ash).
  • 83% of the trees on the territory are in good condition.
  • 302 planting sites were inventoried and are associated with three categories of trees to be planted, depending on the growth categories (small-, medium- and large-growth).

You can consult 

pdf Rapport d'activités et plan d'intervention 2013