By-law numbers 2017-156 and 2017-157 to the qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the City of Saint-Lambert
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN AS FOLLOWS:
1. At a regular sitting held on August 21, 2017, the Ville de Saint-Lambert municipal Council adopted the following by-laws:
- By-law ordering capital expenditures in relation to the replacement of the roof and renovations of the premises of the building located at 31-35 Fort Avenue and a loan in the amount of $225,000 for this purpose (2017-156)
- By-law ordering an expenditure of $2,299,674.61 and a loan in the same amount for the renovation of Lespérance Park (2017-157)
2. The qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the Ville de Saint-Lambert may request that these by-laws be subject to approval by referendum by entering their name, address and capacity and by signing the registers open for this purpose.
3. These registers will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on September 11, 12 and 13, 2017 at City Hall, 55 Argyle Avenue in Saint-Lambert.
4. One thousand seven hundred and fourteen (1714) applications are needed for each by-law for the holding of a referendum poll. If this number is not reached then the by-laws will be deemed approved by the qualified voters.
5. The results of the registration procedure will be announced in the council chamber, 55 Argyle Avenue in Saint-Lambert at 7 p.m. or later if not available at 7 p.m. on September 13, 2017.
6. These by-laws may be consulted in the office of the undersigned during normal office hours and during the hours when the register is open.
CONDITIONS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE A PERSON ENTITLED TO VOTE AND ELIGIBLE TO BE ENTERED ON THE MUNICIPAL REFERENDUM LIST.
1. General conditions to be met as of August 21, 2017:
Either be domiciled in the municipality and have been domiciled in Quebec for at least six (6) months, or be the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment located in the municipality for at least twelve (12) months as defined by the Act respecting municipal taxation.
2. Additional conditions to be met by natural persons as of August 21, 2017:
Be of full age and a Canadian citizen and be, neither under curatorship, nor have been disqualified from voting under section 524 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities.
3. Additional conditions applicable to undivided co-owners of an immovable and to co-occupants of business establishment:
Be designated, by power of attorney signed by the majority of those involved, as the only co-owner or co-occupant having the right to be entered on the referendum list as the owner of the immovable or occupant of the business establishment. A co-owner or a co-occupant cannot be so designated if he or she is qualified as the person being domiciled at that address, or the sole owner of an immovable, or the sole occupant of a business establishment.
CONDITIONS FOR A LEGAL PERSON TO BE REGISTERED:
Designate by resolution one of its members, directors or employees. The designated person must, as of August 21, 2017, be of full age, a Canadian citizen and be neither under curatorship nor have been disqualified from voting under section 524 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities.
NOTE: Under section 545 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities, the person who wishes to be entered on the register must state his name, address and capacity to the person in charge of the register. He must show his face and establish his identity by producing his insurance card issued by the Régie de l’assurance-maladie du Québec, his driver’s licence or probationary licence issued in plastic form by the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec or his Canadian passport, or failing that:
- produce at least two documents providing evidence of his name, including one that bears his photograph, or failing that, at least two documents which together provide evidence of his name and date of birth and his address; or
- be accompanied by a person who identifies himself as above mentioned, and attests the identity and address of the qualified voter.