Recreation, Community Services and Family Committee
The Recreation, Sports, Community Services, Youth and Family Committee was created to make recommendations and set out guidelines on issues that concern the Recreation, Sports and Community Services Office. Its role is advisory, and it submits its recommendations to City Council.
More specifically, the committee’s mandate is to:
- Work together with the director to apply the specific mission and objectives of the Recreation, Sports and Community Services Office
- Collaborate on implementing the Office’s action plan, which stems from the City’s strategic plan, in accordance with its mission and objectives
- Review and discuss the guidelines and actions taken to ensure the Office achieves its objectives
- Review draft policies developed by the Office
- Become acquainted with and offer recommendations on the Office’s annual programming.
The committee is made up of three elected representatives and ten citizens who vote on the recommendations. They are joined by the director of the Recreation, Sports and Community Services Office, who serves as a non-voting member. Citizen members sit on the committee for a renewable two-year term.
The committee is made up of the following members:
- the director of the Recreation, Sports and Community Services Office, Michel Barbier
- the three City Council members Francis Le Chatelier (as president) and Philippe Glorieux (as vice-president)
- and citizen members Monette Saint-Jacques (since June 2014), Joseph Deblois (since June 2016), Catherine Desrosiers (since November 2016), Christopher Kalec (since April 2017), Renée Liboiron (since April 2017), Isabelle Gendron (since April 2017) and Rod Sandiland (since december 2014).